Truth: I don’t think I am fat. I just gained a lot of weight while on vacation to the already previous weight I had from pregnancy. I think I have places on my body that I need to work on and I want to take care of my body. I won’t lie and say I don’t care about looks because they are important to me. I care to look fit and trim so I am not bulging out of my pants. When I feel like I look good, I feel good and am able to accomplish so much more. Meaning, get out of my jammies so I can be productive! So, I want a change and I am lucky enough to have a supportive program that I am following along with a supportive family. I am writing this so you all can keep tabs on me and hold me accountable! No, I am not going to lose a big number that others would be proud of. But, I am going to control my eating (if you know me this is going to be insanely hard for me because I LOVE TO EAT) and get an exercise routine going to give me the energy to keep up with my babies.
Staying fit and eating healthy is really important to me now. After trying different ways of losing weight (which didn’t work) I saw the LeanMoms program on a blogging support group. I have been on their program for 3 weeks now and have already lost 4.5 lbs! The first week was hard. 2nd week is better. Basically you eat several small meals/snacks a day and exercise. Not rocket science here. Protein is key. Support is necessary. They even have meal plans for you! The only difficult thing is making 2 different meals for me and for the family. Other than that, they make it so easy just follow their exercise programs to get you lean and sculpted and the meals plans. Go check out LeanMoms.com and see if this is for you. Trust me, if I can do it, so can you!
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp of brown sugar
2-3 cups of water
2 cups of vanilla ice cream (softened)
- Puree the strawberries, watermelon, lime juice, brown sugar and water in blender. Add as much water as you want to get a runny texture to your taste.
- Pour puree about 1/3 full into popsicle mold.
- Refrigerate about 12 minutes.
- With a spatula, put in softened ice cream layer on top of the frozen puree.
- Refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- Pour in puree to fill to the brim of the mold and refrigerate with the popsicle handle.
- These should be ready in about 10 minutes.
- To remove from mold, place under warm-hot water but only for about 10 seconds or else ice cream will get super runny, popsicle handle will slide right off leaving the oh so delicious popsicle in the mold, or popsicle will fall apart. I would know these things would happen, right?
- For the HEALTHY version, just omit the ice cream. But leave a bit of sugar or else these are so tart!