This post was sponsored by Target and American Crafts. As always, opinions are all my own.
Happy February! I have been kind of in a creative rut lately and I am so excited that I was given a little push when I received these goodies from Target’s One Spot. I guarantee one stroll down the aisles at Target (think washi tape, Valentine’s Day, kraft and chalkboard style stickers) is enough to jot down ideas to keep you busy this whole month. The best part is they only cost between $1-3…. heaven! But as you know with Target, especially One Spot, things sell out quickly!
This month is full of gift giving- especially treats, my favorite! I had a lot of fun creating 3 fringe-themed gift bag toppers that are super easy and really add a fun finishing touch to a simple gift bag. I think most of you have seen this video on how to make your own gift bag with wrapping paper? Seriously changed my life, especially wrapping a ginormous Toothless dragon for my son for Christmas. Anyway, just for you my lovely friends, I designed a modern Valentine’s Day Wrapping Paper (up to 24×36″) suitable for both men and women, for you to print and wrap up those gifts you may be handing out.
Glitter Paper (found at the One Spot at Target)
Hot Glue (I used a glue stick and it did not stick!)
String (for the tassels)
1. The size of paper is dependent on how wide the gift bag is. I would cut one color half the bag’s width. 2nd color 2/3 of the first color’s width. 3rd color less than 1/3 of the 1st colors width. So let’s say the bag is 6 inches long. Cut the first color paper 3×3″, second color 2×3″, 1.25×3″ Did that make sense? You basically want them to be long enough to cover the entire bag and overlap each other, too.
2. Fold paper in half and cut long strips toward the folded part BUT don’t cut through. Leave about 1/4 inch from the top uncut.
3. Starting in the center of the cut fringe, cut at a diagonal up towards the folded part.
4. Do the steps above for the rest of the colors.
5. Stack the colors on top of the gift bag until you have something that you like. You may want the longest piece on the bottom.
6. Open the fringe paper and put some hot glue on the inside folded part.
7. Then place on top of the gift bag so that it covers both front and back.
1. Measure your gift bag and cut a piece of glitter paper the same length. I cut all my papers the same height- about 2″
2. Do the same for other colors you want to use.
3. Cut the paper every 1/4″ or so leaving about 1/4″ uncut at the top.
4. Glue on first color onto the bag.
5. Layer other color (s) just gluing the very top.
6. I cut the 2nd color at an angle all the way to the other side to give it a festive look.
1. Cut your glitter paper varying heights but all about 4″ long.
2. Cut the paper every 1/4″ or so leaving about 1/4″ uncut at the top.
3. Put a dot of glue on one end of the paper and stick a knotted piece of string (about 3″ long) in it.
4. Roll up the paper pretty tightly and glue the end of the paper down.
5. Cut a small strip of washi tape and stick it to the top.
6. Gather each of the tassels and tape them onto the gift bag. Make sure to cut off any ends for a tidier look.
This also being the month of “love” I’d love for you guys to think about someone that could use a little gift or treat or a note. I know most of us have all felt at one point in our lives a loneliness even when surrounded by people. Reach out to someone you know, or don’t know, and remind them that they are loved!