You may or may not have noticed a large gap in between posts. It happened right after I found out the sex of my second baby……now I have a third baby that is 8 months old….eek. To simply put it, life got busy. And busier. And is still pretty busy, but I need to document these beautiful babies/toddlers/preschoolers! We have so many memories together that have not been written down that I would love for them to know about. So, every week or so I will be posting a memory that happened in that time I was absent to catch you (me!) up on those times. My memory is a little fuzzy- blame mommy brain- so, these stories may be sugar coated or embellished.
**Back to 2010**
Getting ready for baby #2 was easier than baby #1. We already had everything we needed. The only thing we got for baby was a new stroller to contain these wildlings. After A LOT (I mean we talked this subject to death) we decided to get this baby. This was a big purchase so we had to make a good decision. My husband honestly thought I was crazy for caring so much. Guess who is the biggest fan and promoter of the Baby Jogger City Select? Yep. We have taken it on numerous flights, Disneyland, walks, day trips, the mall…everywhere. I am petite and pretty weaksauce when it comes to lifting heavy stuff. The stroller is a bit heavy and large but that is because I am only 5′ tall. I have a minivan (go ahead…smirk) so the taking it in and out is a lot easier. We also had to get a cars eat converter because a newborn baby is too small to fit in the normal seats.
So what were the reasons for getting this stroller?
1. Convertible single or double stroller- so I could use it as a single stroller when I just had one child or use both seats when I had both.
2. All the different seating combinations! This seriously came in handy at Disney when both of our kids were sleeping. We could recline both of them and they didn’t bother each other. We could have a car seat and a child facing the world, or if baby wanted to face me and other child face the world, we could have that, too. Seriously, so many possibilities for every situation.
3. Tandem style seating vs. side by side- Do you know how wide those strollers are?? I can easily maneuver through the aisles in a store at the mall. I can fit in a single door that I can open myself. Have you tried opening 2 doors whilst pushing a stroller? Me neither.
4. The forever air tires…no need to worry about them popping.
5. Easily folds up- no need to push two things at the same time while standing on one foot and yodeling. Nope. Just pull up handles on both sides and it folds. This is seriously clutch when you have two, or one or more impatient babies waiting in the car. Or when it is cold- which it always is in Utah.
6. The handles are adjustable. I am 5′ and my husband is 5’10” and we are constantly adjusting that thing.
1. It is heavy. But when compared to other strollers it is pretty comparable. Again, I am small so everything is pretty heavy for me.
2. When you take it all apart it does take a while to put everything back. For example, when you are going through security at the airport and have to take the dang thing apart or at the gate and have to put it together….man…. it takes like 5 minutes or so to put the wheels back on, the adapters for the 2nd seat, the car adapter, etc. But, that only happens when you take it ALL apart. In the car, I usually have everything on except the 2nd seat and the car adapter. Putting it together then only takes 30 seconds.
All in all, we love our stroller and wouldn’t trade it for any other stroller out there. If you have any questions about this sweet stroller, just let me know. Again, this stroller isn’t for everyone. It really does suit our family’s needs perfectly and even has room to grow. We will be getting that little boogie board that attaches to the back because our 4 year old’s “legs get tired.”