This is the last part of the superhero room! You guys- it has taken me forevvvveeer to post this up. Partly because I can’t seem to find the dang pictures of the process….but I did draw up some illustrations for you and partly because I’m busy- haha!
The marquee light trend caught my eye…as did this pricey lightning bolt one. Being the diy-er and frugal person that I am, I tried my hand at making it myself. I had just gotten a mattress so I had cardboard big enough to make my own. I know what you are thinking- get on with it, woman! Here is the tutorial:
- Lightly draw your template. You can free hand it or trace one. I kept my lightning bolt at least 1.5″ from the edge length wise.
- Then you’ll redraw the template but extending at least an inch bigger on all sides.
- Cut the larger template using the xacto knife (where the dotted line is above)
- Then cut where the dotted lines are the connect the larger and smaller template.
- Fold them together to create a crease.
- Mark where you’d like the lights to go and slice “x’s ” with xacto knife.
- Using hot glue, glue sides to each other connecting the sides to each other.
- Paint 3-4 coats of yellow on all sides (except bottom).
- Once dried, gently pull the light bulb from the wire and insert into holes.
- There will be leftover string and lights so stuff them in and hold them on the inside with tape.
- Make holes on top of lightning bolt and tie string to it. Glue bottom of strings down for extra reinforcement.
- Turn on and hang. This makes an excellent night light. And because they are LED lights they don’t get hot.