This post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
You know how some days you think that maybe feeding your family grilled cheese and cereal again probably isn’t a great idea. I get in a making dinner rut, too. I just don’t want to make it. But because I’m the only one that cooks I just have to do it- even if it is something simple.
I think every mother (or person in charge of cooking for their family) is always looking for simple and nutritious. Our schedules take us from school to homework to quick dinner to sports. I need something quick and filling for my kids. Quinoa and beans are a great source of protein so win-win mamas!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp achiote
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can of S&W Chili Beans
- 1 cup of salsa
- crumbled queso fresco
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic, achiote, cumin and saute until combined.
- Add quinoa and vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Add S&W Chili beans, with sauce, to quinoa.
- Slowy mix in salsa to quinoa mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add filling to tacos and top with your favorite tacos. The queso perfects it.
Why canned? For convenience. I often forget the night before to take out beans to soak them. S&W Beans are just ready to go and so tasty. Get your coupon here and stock up!
You guys. You know I’m all about simple. And I love food. This checks off both. Simple and makes my tummy happy. Added bonus- nutrition for the kids.